The Legends of Old Lviv excursion is a great choice for your first acquaintance with Lviv, because it is the excursion where we will look around the Old Town, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The medieval part of Lviv is quite compact, so the walk will not be so tiring.
During the excursion you will see all the most interesting things in the city, because of which thousands upon thousands of tourists from all over the world come to Lviv. You will visit the oldest churches of our city, with their unique interiors, visit national quarters, mysterious patios and stone houses (Kamienica).More Information about the Excursion
During the excursion you will see:
- Latin Cathedral – the main Polish sacred place of Lviv – XIV-XVIII centuries
- Chapel of the Boim family – 1609-1615
- Jewish Quarter, Yolota Roya (Golden Rose) Synagogue, Zhydivska Knaipa (Jewish Eatery).
- Lviv Chocolate Workshop.
- Lviv Town Hall and Ploshcha Rynok Square, Kornyakt House, Black House, Bandinelli Palace.
- Dominican Church – 1556-1865
- Royal arsenal – 1639-1646
- The Rus Quarter, the complex of the Assumption Church – XVI-XVII centuries
- Armenian Quarter, Armenian Cathedral of XIV-XX centuries. Gas Lamp Pub
- The oldest school in Ukraine – 1809
- Jesuit Order Church, a college, where Bohdan Khmelnytskyi studied.
- The entire medieval part of Polish Lviv – quarters, buildings and many more interesting and mysterious …
Important!!! Admission tickets to the museums and tourist spots are to be paid for separately!
We begin in the heart of ancient Lviv, on the Cathedral Square. Just steps from us is the Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. It is the main Catholic church of all Ukraine. There is an operating organ in the church that you can hear at the time of worship.
Then we take course to the medieval Jewish Quarter. There is a famous restaurant Under the Golden Rose, where you can try by your own efforts to bargain.
Afterwards we will take a look at the Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary – the only Orthodox church in the center of the city where one of the greatest relicts of Saint Panteleimon is located.
There is the largest temple of Lviv nearby – the former church of the friars of the Dominican Order, one of the greatest Baroque style monuments in Lviv. There is a monument to artist Nikifor Drowniak nearby, where you can make the various wishes. As the saying goes, they often come true. Then the excursion in Lviv takes course to the Armenian Quarter with the ancient Armenian Church and Gas Lamp Pub-Museum.
Of course, we will look through the Ploshcha Rynok Square, which is Lviv’s main square. It was the center of city life: Lviv citizens traded here, public executions took place and the old town hall is located here. The square is surrounded by the homes of wealthy citizens on all sides, each with its own unique architecture and history. For lovers of strong drinks there is a brewery and the most famous restaurant Kryivka.
And these are just a small part of the sights we will look at. On our excursions you will find many more interesting and unforgettable. See you in Lviv!